success story of the Rolls Royce company
In the business scenario of today’s competitive era, every business has to be remained competitive as well innovative. ERP plays a very important role in it. In this blog post, we will try to understand by one more case study that how can ERP maintain the success level of the Rolls Royce company.
Rolls Royce is the british brand luxury car and global power system oriented company which is the worth of more than 10 million dollar company, which is also considered as the world’s second largest aircraft manufacturers for the both military and commercial purposes. There are more than 39000 employees working in the company. This London based company is also engaged in marine and energy sectors.
Why ERP is needed in Rolls Royce company -
There were several reasons behind the implementation of the ERP system -
- There were separate 1500 information system for the information and data handling and there were no centralised system which can give all kind of real time data at one time.
- There were three type of business difficulties - cultural, technical and business processing information difficulties.
- Existing information system was not appreciated by the employees as well as the administrators.
How new ERP system helped the company solving the problems ? -
The new information system provided many new features to the company. Like -
- There were 2 groups made in the company named - general and specific. In these two groups 10000 employees were trained for the ERP software usage.
- The whole mapping of the overall business processes was performed and there was a new problem was created of high expensive ERP system.
- To solve this problem, a new combination of ERP pilot process was created in which new roles were created and problems were addressed to them.
- There was a major problem in the ERP implementation of data redundancy and duplication. To solve this problem new data alteration was passed through many layers of the new system to be stored in existing database.
- more focus on the main manufacturing procedure.
- This case study is an example of the fact that how can someone outside team can help in solving the internal problems of the organization.